Maybe you are wondering what the heck are QR codes? They are those odd looking square patterns of black arranged on a white background used for mail, advertisements and street signs.
QR codes can be scanned and read by smart phones that can take the reader to a variety of places such as a website, a coupon, a menu, contact information or even offer directions via Google maps. The opportunities to use QR codes in your marketing are endless and are being driven by an incredible increase in smart phone usage.
QR codes have the capability to increase the response rate of your company’s marketing campaigns exponentially. They are quick and very easy to use. All you have to do is use your smart phone to simply point and scan the code. All a person needs is a QR reader for their smart phone (If you don’t have a QR reader go to this URL on your phone: http://ez.com/getreader). It should automatically detect what reader for your phone to install.
Do you need some ideas on how you can use QR codes with your marketing campaigns?
Here are 10 business ideas to use QR codes with your company’s campaigns…
- Use with your print marketing campaigns by including a QR code image in your brochures, letters and mail to enable readers to connect with a personalized landing page.
- Use QR codes to provide readers with additional information in places where space is limited and expensive, such as print advertising space.
- QR codes can be used to give contact information on your business on business cards/flyers.
- To grant a special offer that is only available from your QR code, such as a discount coupon.
- Use with your signage to get your prospects to engage with your company by including QR codes on your outdoor signs or on a company vehicle.
- Your QR code could be used to present important additional product information with a link directly to a detailed web page.
- QR codes could be linked to YouTube videos to educate your customers on your product’s usage or your services.
- Take your customers directly to buy your product with a QR Code linked to the product’s purchase page.
- Link to Google maps for your retail locations utilizing a QR code for easy reference.
- Think about promotional items like shirts, caps, mugs and other items that are convenient surfaces for QR codes.
The opportunities of using QR codes are endless, you are only limited by your imagination!
What are the benefits for businesses using QR codes with their marketing?
- They provide extremely quick responses and conversions for traditional offline marketing – your prospects no longer have the bother of writing down or typing a lengthy URL into their phone browser or computer – All they have to do is use their mobile phone to scan your marketing message literally in their own hands. They get instant access to special offers and other relevant information that would be useful and easily accessed.
- You, as a business owner are able to track responses easily – this is why QR codes usage is growing. Businesses now have the marketing intelligence to identify which of their offers are working, who is responding to your offers and from that they can determine response and buying patterns.
- QR codes provide leverage on social media networks to reach out to new customers – the “wow” factor drives the potential technology innovators and early adapters among your target customers who are very likely to share the technology and information with anyone who will listen, which helps to create introductions to potential new customers.
- They use premium advertising and marketing space effectively – in other words, you do not have to overload your marketing messages with information. You can keep your message short and to the point whilst using the QR code for your call to action to drive your readers to a web page with the necessary additional information.
- QR codes are so simple to share! Consider QR codes the new “word of mouth” vehicle for technology. Prospects can easily share them with others via their phone or computer.
Below is an example of QR code marketing by a restaurant…
When someone scans this QR code they are taken to the opt-in form below…
Once they fill that form out they will be directed to a page that tells them what to do to get their special discount that night.
Here are some more examples…
To find out more about QR codes and how they can help you with your marketing,